Hi guys! Happy Friday!
Seriously, Friday is the only day in my week I can sleep in! I love it. I’ve been needing some of that for sure. School and work is really wearing me out!
So I have some exciting news:
Today at noon my boyfriend and I are going to be proud owners of two 8-week-old baby black kittens!!!!
Why two? Because they were having a two fur one sale on kitties! Aww.
I know this is SO random! We went to the humane society last night after Don Pablo’s and totally fell in love with these brother and sister kittens. Scott has never owned a cat before, but once he held the little boy kitty he could not say no! It was cute. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the babies but tomorrow I’m sure I’ll have plenty to share!!!!
So because this post has NOTHING to do with food, here are those cookies I was telling you about – amazing!
“The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever”
Inspired by: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1 T tapioca flour (or 1 1/2 t corn meal)
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets
- Combine sugars, oil, almond milk, and tapioca flour (or corn meal) in a mixing bowl. Use a strong fork and mix really well, for about 2 minutes, until the mixture resembles smooth caramel. < Important! Mix in vanilla.
- Add 1 cup of the flour, the baking soda, and the salt. Mix until well incorporated. Mix in the rest of the flour. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small golf ball size pieces for a good-sized cookie and flatten them with your hands. As they cook they spread just a bit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. No longer! Yes, they will look like pancakes when you pull them out and that’s perfect! Let them cool for a while before removing from baking sheet.
I’m so excited!!!!!