I’m over that little break down I had this morning. I am going to the college tomorrow morning to straighten everything out. I did make good use out of all that negative energy though and turned it into this:
Vegan Sunshine’s Greatest Granola:
This recipe is very flexible. I do not add nuts or dried fruit because I like making a big batch then spicing it up with whatever I like later on.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or maple syrup or even a combo of them both)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, wheat germ, coconut flakes, flax, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small sauce pan, heat agave, oil, water, cinnamon, and vanilla until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and add to oat mixture. Mix well.
- Place mixture in a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Bake for one hour and stir every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
For me this makes about a weeks worth of granola if you use it as cereal every morning like I do (and recommend!) if not, it keeps for weeks anyway if stored in an air tight container.
Once I finally got around to the gym today (umm 3pm?…) I made another wonderful post workout snack. You better believe I used my Greatest Granola in this!
Hempy Mango Crunch:
1/2 cup vanilla soy yogurt
1 cup frozen mangoes
2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
1/3 cup almond milk
Blend until smooth. Layer the smoothie with Vegan Sunshine’s Greatest Granola and you have yourself a winner.
See? Even Maggie-bear loves it.
Two Boca” Chicken” patties between an everything bagel. Man, was I stravin’! Was this the least healthiest thing I could choose to eat at 9pm? Perhaps. It was so late but I forgot to bring a lunch with me and I sure didn’t feel like buying anything to eat. Have you ever had a job working around food that it grosses you out so much you eat there as little as possible? That’s where I am now. In need of a new job!
I did not attend power yoga this evening. Why? Because I didn’t feel like it. (Hint: my taking it easy post) Instead I went on the treadmill and walked to the last half hour of The Doctor’s and worked my arms. It was wayy too hot out for a nature walk!
Wow two posts in one day? You can tell this must be my day off.